Hurricane Florence Impact Assistance
September 18, 2018
Hurricane Florence Impact Assistance
First and foremost, we hope you, your family and loved ones are safe from the effects of Hurricane Florence. Team members from our staff and the PGA of America, made over 200 phone calls yesterday to members and associates in affected areas to check on their well-being and safety, and to assist with any necessary relief support. Thankfully we did not hear of any personal injuries or loss of life. Many are still evacuated and hope to return to their homes later this week when the roads clear. Most that were contacted did not have major personal loss, however, a few suffered massive flooding at their homes. We fear those that evacuated will return to the heaviest hit areas.
Any of our PGA Members that suffered property damage or personal loss due to the storms or flooding may be eligible for disaster relief funds. The PGA has significant relief assistance available, thanks to donations made through these special funds:
- The PGA Disaster Relief Fund is a way to help our Members who have suffered out-of-pocket expenses due to natural disasters. If you are a PGA Member needing to apply for assistance from the PGA Disaster Relief Fund due to a qualified disaster, please click here.
- The PGA of America formed the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund last year to help provide relief to individuals in the golf industry who have suffered as a result of a current or future qualified disaster. The fund enables the PGA and other industry participants to provide support for PGA Members and golf industry personnel in declared disaster situations. For more information about the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund, please click here.
- Gift cards can be sent to the CPGA Office at 6271 Bryan Park Road; Browns Summit NC 27214
- Gift cards will be distributed to impacted PGA Members or Associates, as well as other golf industry personnel that have suffered a loss due to Florence
- Distribution of these gifts will be at the discretion of the CPGA Officers and Executive Director
Many of our PGA Members are willing to provide a "Helping Hand" to those affected by Hurricane Florence.
If you need assistance or would like to offer assistance, please contact us:
Carolinas PGA Staff - email@example.com - 336.398.2742
If you are able, please provide photos of any property or facility damage as we continue to assess the overall impact of this storm. You can email any photos or express concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep those affected in your thoughts and prayers, and let the CPGA staff know if we can be of assistance.
|Bald Head Island Club
Bald Head Island, NC
|Myers Park Country Club
|Carmel Country Club
GOLFTEC Fall Education Series
in conjunction with the Carolinas PGA Education Committee
The Carolinas PGA Education Committee is excited to announce the GOLFTEC Fall Education Series, starting in October. All members will receive 2 MSRs (required category) for each session attended. Therefore, there are a maximum of 8 MSRs you can receive. There is no cost to attend any session. This opportunity is open to all PGA Members and Associates, in good standing.
Please see below for the four sessions being hosted over the next few months. Session #1 will be presented in three locations and Sessions #2 - #4 will be presented in four locations.
Session #1 – Coaching –
Session #2 – Sales Training –
Session #3 – Structuring Golf Lessons –
Session #4 – Club Fitting – When to Fit vs.
With any questions, please contact:
Robert Gamble, PGA - Regional Manager GolfTEC - email@example.com
Note: Sessions are subject to cancelation should appropriate sign-up numbers not be met.
Golf Business TechCon - Discount for PGA Members
October 11-12, 2018
The NGCOA team would like to extend an exclusive discount code to any member of the PGA of America who wishes to register for the upcoming Golf Business TechCon 2018 in special consideration of PGA Career Services being one of the event’s repeat sponsors.
The TechCon, now in its second year, will feature several technology providers to golf course operators, and more than twenty-five classes by expert speakers, including a keynote from one of Google’s best educators. The event will be October 11-12 at the Aria resort in Las Vegas.
Members should go to www.golfbusinesstechcon.com to see the agenda. Register using the $50 off discount code: TCPGA.
MSR credits will be available. Any questions about the event can be directed to Nancy Downie, our Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.