GOLF Magazine Releases New List of Top 100 Teachers in America
Two Carolinas PGA Members Named to List
GOLF Magazine has released its biennial list of America’s Top 100 Teachers in America for 2017-2018. We're thrilled to share that two of those named to the list are Carolinas PGA Professionals, Tim Cooke, PGA and Jason Sutton, PGA. A very big congratulations to you both!
The list of new members of GOLF Magazine’s Top 100 Teachers in America for 2017-2018 are:
- Dale Abraham, PGA (Bighorn G.C., Palm Desert, Calif.)
- Martin Chuck, PGA (Tour Striker, Inc., Gilbert, Ariz.)
- Tim Cooke, PGA (The Golf Learning Center at Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head Island, S.C.)
- Debbie Doniger, LPGA (GlenArbor G.C., Bedford Hills, N.Y.
- John Dunigan, PGA (White Manor C.C., Malvern, Pa.)
- Mark Durland, PGA (Durland Golf School at Naples Grand, Naples, Fla.)
- Michael Hunt, PGA (Bayonne G.C., Bayonne, N.J.)
- Michael Jacobs, PGA (X Golf School at Rock Hill C.C., Manorville, N.Y.)
- Jeff Leishman, CPGA (The Dye Preserve, Jupiter, Fla.)
- Susie Meyers, PGA, LPGA (Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club, Tucson, Ariz.)
- Joe Plecker, PGA (The Elkridge Club, Baltimore, Md.)
- Tony Ruggiero (The C.C. of Mobile, Mobile, Ala.)
- Kevin Sprecher, PGA (Sleepy Hollow C.C., Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.)
- Jason Sutton, PGA (Carmel C.C., Charlotte, N.C.)
- Gary Weir, PGA (Westchester C.C., Rye, N.Y.)
Since its inception in 1991, GOLF Magazine’s Top Teachers in America ranking has become the industry standard for teaching excellence due to the diligent selection process that GOLF Magazine employs to assemble the list.
“Every two years the Credential and Selection committees dedicate a lot of time and research to recognize the golf industry’s best teachers by naming them to our Top 100 list,” said David DeNunzio, Managing Editor for Instruction for GOLF Magazine. “These individuals have been selected because of their commitment to broaden the appeal of golf by helping their students understand and enjoy the game.”
Candidates for GOLF Magazine’s Top 100 Teachers in America list are selected from nominees submitted by the PGA, LPGA, United States Golf Teachers Federation, top industry executives and GOLF Magazine readers. More than 250 nominations on average are accepted from the country’s 25,000 instruction professionals. Each nominee must complete a thorough questionnaire developed in conjunction with Dr. Robert Christina, professor emeritus of the University of North Carolina—Greensboro School of Health and Human Performance.
The applications are screened against fifteen baseline criteria recommended by the Top 100 Teachers Credentials Committee and are then examined and ranked by a group comprised of 15 active and former Top 100 Teachers. Final recommendations are then made by a separate Selection Committee, comprised of GOLF Magazine's instruction editors, established Top 100 Teachers and alumni, and invited World Golf Teachers Hall of Fame members. The recommendations of the Selection Committee are submitted to GOLF Magazine for the final decision.
The Top 100 list is the only national golf instructor roster that combines outside academic and PGA Professional peer review. In addition, candidates are judged on their willingness to give back to the game and to the PGA and LPGA through one of the following: apprentice education, member continued education, research or lesson programs.
CPGA Welcomes New Tournament Official
New Year, New Hire! Say hello (again) to Vincent Bachteler, our new Tournament Official. Vincent interned with us last year and did such a great job that we asked him back. Welcome back to the CPGA Team, VB!