Good afternoon! I hope you and your families are safe during this unprecedented time. I have been working closely with our officers, board, and staff as we navigate these unchartered waters. The section and our allied associations have contacted state officials to keep golf facilities open as an activity for the public to enjoy, so long as they maintain a safe environment. We will continue to stay in contact with state officials to make recommendations as this fluid situation evolves.
With so much uncertainty on the horizon, I wanted to reach out to our members and share some things we can all do to keep us engaged in our business until we can return to our normal lives. We have compiled a list of online activities through the PGA of America below. We hope that you will use these not just to pass the time, but as an opportunity to draw on these tools to better prepare you for this season and beyond. Please click HERE to visit our dedicated COVID-19 website page for continuous updates, best practices, and important information on the ever-changing situation.
Given the continually evolving nature of the current COVID-19 crisis, the Carolinas Section will extend the postponement of all Section activities/events through Sunday, May 17.
- PGA.Coach (www.PGA.Coach)
- PGA.Coach is the ultimate coaching resource that teaches PGA Professionals about American Development Model, and how to apply the concepts to coaching golf. Once you complete the 2-3 training course, you will have access to the App and all its resources meant to help you be a better teacher and coach.
- PGA Job Preferences (https://account.
- It’s a good time to update your PGA Job Preferences. It’s easy and takes no time at all. This helps the PGA provide you with a list of targeted positions and career advancement services
- Career Planning (https://
- The goal of The Personal & Professional Development Model is to help you become the best possible version of yourself. Through self-reflection, goal setting, honest assessments and planning, this program was created to help you create your own personal development plan for future success.
- PGA Lifelong Learning (https://resources.
- The PGA Specialized Program is an online educational curriculum that supports the goals of PGA Members who are committed to excellence and furthering their career. It delivers “on-demand” access to training when your schedule permits and reduces time and travel costs associated with traditional training.
- PGA.org Resources (https://
- Increase Revenue
- Business Tool Kit – The Business Tool Kit has a variety of online courses like Online Revenue Management, Strategic Management Simulations, World Handicap System Tool Kits and more. In addition, you can find the videos from past PGA Coaching Summits.
- Playing the Game – USGA Rules of Golf Learning Tool
- Additional Resources
- Career Advancement
- Career Services – Mike Mueller (Career Consultant) firstname.lastname@example.org
is always available and a great resource for all CPGA members
- My Career – Revenue Scorecard and self-assessment tools
- Increase Revenue
- PGA.org is OUR website. Spend some time simply navigating through the site and getting to know all the resources available to us. There is something for everyone!
I hope this this information will be useful for you during this time. If you have any questions or have any additional resources you would like to share with other CPGA professionals, please let me know.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.
Bob Byrnes, PGA
Carolinas PGA President
Head PGA Professional
Hope Valley Country Club