PGA REACH Carolinas HOPE Cup
November 12, 2018 – Pinehurst Resort
80 Carolina Vista, Pinehurst, NC 28374
On this observed Veterans Day holiday (Monday, November 12, 2018), we are proud to host our inaugural PGA REACH - Carolinas HOPE Cup at the Pinehurst Resort. This will be an annual season ending event to showcase the life changing HOPE program for our veterans. We are excited to invite your chapter to join us. We have eleven (11) PGA HOPE programs that will be given the opportunity to compete: Each participating team will be composed of one (1) PGA HOPE Lead PGA Professional and four (4) PGA HOPE Veterans that have graduated through your HOPE program.
Schedule of Events
8:00 AM - 8:40 AM - Teams Arrive, Practice Facility Opens
8:00 AM – Registration will open at the rotunda
8:40 AM- 9:00 AM - Opening Ceremonies will take place where the carts will be staged.
- 8:40 AM - Moment of Silence and Announcements
- 8:50 AM - Teams will be shot gunned out to their respective holes
9:00 AM Shotgun Start
- Shotgun start off back 9-holes of Pinehurst No. 1
11:30 PM - 2:00PM – Reception & Lunch
- We will have our award ceremony after everyone finishes their round of golf, lunch and reception will be at the same location as registration. It will be located at the Donald Ross Grill.
Attire: Golf Shirts with collars are required; shorts are permitted for Veterans & Professionals.
5-Man Scramble Format: Each of the 5 players hit from the tee, then the team members choose the best of the five shots and all team members then play the second shot no further than one club length from that location, and again choose the best shot. Play continues in this manner until the hole is completed. The team then records its score and maintains that format for all 9 holes.
-Each player must hit their own ball
- All putts must be finished out
- Shots must be played from the same surface as the original ball (i.e.: If the best shot if in the rough, all five participants must drop with in one club length AND remain in the rough).
- Each team can only use their PGA Professional’s ball once per hole; and can only use a total of six Professional tee shots throughout the 9 holes.
Questions: If you have any questions leading up to the event, please contact Kurt Battenberg, Carolinas PGA Assistant Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Asbury, PGA REACH Carolinas Coordinator at email@example.com.